mercredi 31 mars 2010

when distance matters


My darling daughter whilst out training for the marathon on my behalf, got mugged and her mobile taken and hit in the face.(she lives in London)
It was more of a shock than anything else and a need to be with her mum for solace.
I too,could have done with a special daughter cuddle as i have not been having a great week health-wise.If only we lived nearer..
Then,lo and behold ,I went to check my post and a kind friend cheered me up sending me this hand-made card and a pair of knickers-Pam easter will never be the same!

5 commentaires:

  1. I am sorry :( I can't come up with a witty or philosophical comment - I can only offer you my sorrow and hope....... for better days.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh god, how awful!! I'm so sorry, Caroline! I hope she's ok psychologically - it's got to be a traumatic experience and one that would leave her looking over her shoulder. Maybe a good reason to take a self-defense course. Please give her my sympathy and tell her that if Gregg had been there he would have turned the guy into mincemeat on her behalf. No doubt about it.
    Being away from one's kids is hard, for sure. I guess you'll be with them soon??

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Caroline that is terrible and such a shock for your daughter. Both of my daughters were mugged. My eldest daughter was mugged in Atlanta as she was coming out of a concert, there were many people around, and no one came to help. She had her car keys in her purse and everything else. It was after midnight and she had to wait at the Police until we got up, drove there and picked her up. The second daughter got mugged as she was getting out of class at Jones Hopkins University in Baltimore, the guy was between cars. He took her two bags with all her school books, work, keys, money. She was quite upset. Luckily both were unhurt as they gave their stuff right away. It took a while for the eldest daughter to go out in the evening by herself. Maybe taking a course in self-defense as Deborah suggests may give your daughter some confidence.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I am so sorry! I hate having our daughters be vulnerable! Can't we program our genes to have a really nasty electric shock for anyone who touches them in an inappropriate way??

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. It can be so hard as a mom when we can't protect our children no matter what age they are. Being far away isn't easy either is it?
    Blessings to your daughter and you both.
    Caroline have you read a book called:
    Autobiography of a Face. It has very good reviews. Maybe google Amazon.com or whatever big book online site you have over there and read some reviews on it to see if you are called to it. The author is Lucy Grealy. I just put it on hold at the library.

    RépondreSupprimer