lundi 15 mars 2010

not looking forward to this week

Coming up-hospital visit-i actually feel like i want to wretch even approaching the place ,even though it is in a very pleasant part of Paris.It is a funny hospital as no-one looks ill,it is like some kind of kafka-esque experience going there.i shall have a quick routine examination,where the doctor who is responsible for taking out most of my tongue,will make little effort to try and understand me and direct all his questions to my husband.I will then be given a long prescription for my medicine.If i am lucky ,he might ask how my morale is -how do you answer that
one!
So sorry ,i am sounding bitter,and perhaps it`s because my sister is sunning herself in barbados ,and my daughter is in New York (i am so pleased for her though as she has really deserved this break),and a little sunshine coming my way would be very welcome.
Still,the nurse has just called in and said it will be 14degres this afternoon,so maybe ,i will get a chance to put my face in the sun.

10 commentaires:

  1. Hi Caroline,

    You're entitled to some bitter time, but perhaps some sunshine will help to lighten your mood. Terrific about Jerina going to New York - lucky girl! Just for a holiday? It's a place I would love to go to, and preferably with Anne, who would appreciate the same things I do. That's just given me an idea, actually, for her graduation present.

    I hope your appointment is over and done with quickly and that its not as unpleasant as you fear. Hugs and Love, Deb

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I hope it goes well mum, thinking of you and sending good vibes. Weather is getting better here after the storms, so hopefully we can do some proper exploring. I must say, NY is very exciting and fun but I don't think I could live here. Mind you i said that about London!
    Hi Debbie, it is just a holiday visiting some friends, which is lovely. Ann would love it I'm sure.
    Right, off to go for run in Central Park - marathon only three weeks away!
    Hope it goes ok at doctor mum, as ok as it can.
    Love jerina

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I don't really think there's much to say that will cheer you. I appreciate your writing about your experience. It does help the rest of us understand the feelings you have. I wish you much good luck. Deb is right, you have every reason to be bitter. But you're better off finding an up side for your emotional sake.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. It is wonderful that your have this medium to let your feelings out. As I told you, I think, I am a retired oncology RN and willing to listen. Your feelings are normal. The obvious your experiences with the big C are the more you will feel the anger and bitterness. If hidden inside sometime folks won't let their true feelings out. I applaud you for your guts to let it out. Blessings
    QMM

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. 14 degrees here in Calgary. Nothing like warmth and sunshine to turn on the appreciation button. I need a guilt free snooze in the sun. What you like to see happen with the hospital visit I wonder. Hoping you're able to catch a few rays Caroline.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Your bitterness sounds justified regarding your insensitive doctor. I vote for a T-shirt that proclaims "Patients are People Too"

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. If it makes you feel better Caroline, it is cool and raining here. Hope you found some sunshine today!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. We just came back from the hospital. My husband had a test which took all morning but the admission clerk was super pleasant. She had received the top customer relation award and I can see why. It makes such a difference I think when you are treated like a human being with feelings. I hope the sun rays will make you feel good.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. thankyou all for your positive ,wise comments and encouragement-you know sometimes i feel sorry for my doctor as he once did admit to mutilating me -such a strong word that i think he must have felt terrible about it,and does not enjoy the consulttion as much as i.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. I wish you all the sunshine you need and lots of love and strength!

    RépondreSupprimer