mardi 30 mars 2010

no spring in my step,I am afraid.

the oncologist explained that my head pains were as a result of the inflammation in my head.They had reduced my cortisone dose because of the side-effects,and in so doing ,this increased the inflammation in my head ,causing pressure on my nerves.I may have cancer of the tongue,but it effects my head ,throat ,mouth ,chest,as it is all connected.
They suggest putting me back on the chemo which they said did not work last year ,but are now saying it did.All i remember is it making me ill and very miserable. I amgetting physically and mentally exhausted from all this now. It is so confusing.

4 commentaires:

  1. All quite shitty. I'm sorry, Caroline. For the confusion and the pain and the exhaustion.

    When will you get to see J & J?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi Caroline – I did not write comments as we had gone to San Antonio, Texas, for a few days. Now I have so many new posts to read on my blogging friends’ that I don’t even think I’ll publish a post this week – I’ll do it next week. Yesterday and the rest of this week and next week I have to accompany my husband to the Neurology Department at Emory University. Yesterday he had an MRI on his head which took 3 hours. He is a bit claustrophobic so he was not very happy and had a horrible headache afterward. It is better that I don’t publish a new post. All these tests are not fun as you well know. I hope that with spring, new flowers and the sun coming more often – all this will make you feel a bit better.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What do you know helps you when you get in that overwhelm place Caroline? What has helped in the past? For me things like phoning a friend, journaling, going for a walk help change that stuck painful place so I can get my head above water. Wishing you clarity and inner peace.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Pray for peace and some relief from the doubt and confusion. Walking with you my friend.
    QMM

    RépondreSupprimer