dimanche 21 mars 2010

perfection

when you are seriously ill, You can become seriously sentimental very easily and today i woke up humming "It`s such a perfect day....I`d like to spend it with you.."you know the song. This led me to thinking what is/was my perfect moment in my life,and I remember the day I brought my son home from hospital a few days after his birth,and we lay together in bed and his whole head fitted perfectly like a jigsaw in my neck and a surge of peace overwhelmed me.I shall never forget that as it felt like perfection.
I never mentioned this to my son ,but years later ,when he was much taller ,he gave me a cuddle and said out of the blue-"Look mum, my head still fits in your neck just right!" Isn`t that strange?
What has been your perfect moment or is it still to be looked forward to?.
Apoogies if this is a little sickly sweet.
p.s.the moment was with my son ,but my daughter is perfect and not to be left out!.

8 commentaires:

  1. Oh, how those neck cuddles did it for me! But with each of my grandaughters, the circle was made complete, thirty years later...There is more than one jig saw piece that fits the same space in the puzzle!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I think I've been lucky enough to have quite a few perfect moments, most of them involving kids.
    One that comes to mind right away is Mike shooting me a look and an almost imperceptible nod of his chin - his way of secretly saying 'I love you'. And Anne waiting for me at the bus stop as I arrived in Ottawa to see her for the first time in months - with a great big smile on her face and saying 'I'd forgotten how tall you were!'
    Oh, I know. I know. Watching Gregg play pro basketball for the first time, and exhilarated beyond measure that he had made it at last after all his hard work, and that his team won and getting quite possibly the best hug of my entire life afterwards. That was perfection, totally. I was high for days afterwards.

    (I remember John coming to our house to tell us Jack was born.)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Caroline what a sweet remembering. Thank you for sharing that.
    For me, I remember walking downtown with my husband and a street person said: Do you have a dime? (that's how long ago it was) and I was struck by a knowing that I could love this man the same as my husband or anyone else. That love doesn't have to be selective to family or friends or those I deem deserving. It felt I had been given a peak into what love really is. My spiritual journey has been to return to this knowing. I've had a few experiences of these 'knowing' times in my life and feel like it is God saying don't give up Maggie, come home to what is real.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Sickly sweet? Not at all! You've painted a perfect picture, and moments like that are what make everything seem complete.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Caroline, it was great seeing you at Thoiry yesterday, painting and mopping the cricket clubhouse. I hope it didn't wear you out too much. We'll be painting again next week if you feel up to it. Have a good week.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. It would be sitting in my hospital bed writing thank you notes for gifts with my first baby girl swaddled beside me. I can still feel how utterly perfect the moment felt. I was a mother.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I'm not sure about perfect moments, but I do remember some that are simple and tender.

    When my daughter was about six she found a very smooth and lovely rock for collection as we left the beach. When we got back to my car she gave it to me as a present and said 'this is your lucky rock.' I put it under my seat and kept transferring it to each next car that I bought, never really giving it much thought. When she went away to college, together we transferred my stuff to my new car so she could take my old one. When she looked under the seat she said 'Wow Dad-here's your lucky rock!'

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Learning to drive with my dear father is one of the special moments I have in my memory bank. Oh the patience that he had and the gentleness of his requests will last with me forever. I can still feel what it felt like to be with him those days - even though it was over 30 years ago.

    RépondreSupprimer