vendredi 12 mars 2010

it is a funny world

I was feeling down a few days ago ,having just found a rather big blossoming of burst blood capilliaries on the whole of my right shoulder,and thinking of the dribbling ,and that i can`t blow my nose without holding tight onto my mouth;,that i struggle like an old lady to climb the stairs ,that my knickers keep falling down as i am so skinny ,especially around the thighs;that i just have to look at my legs and a bruise appears.Worst of all ,that i do not look like me -more like a coconut ,really!
And so we went off to england for a few days,to visit an elderly aunt who has just gone into an old people`s home.We stayed in a cottage just the other side of the channel,so not too far to drive,and the fog lifted and i felt so relaxed!
I had a walk down to the village store,and although i could not converse with the locals ,it was lovely to listen to them chatting away ,about local things withsuch easeIt was very cold ,but the skies were blue and the kent countryside is lovely with many pretty villages.
Both John and I managed to relax-get away from the nurses and live in a different world for a short time and ,you know,my condition hasn`t changed but for those few days my world did and it did me the world of good.let us hope it lasts.
a good weekend to you all and hope you get time for yourselves.

8 commentaires:

  1. I'm so glad you had some moments of peace. Hope you have a great weekend. It's snowing again where I live. I know I should be grateful for the beauty of it all, but spring will be greatly appreciated this year.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Dear Caroline I am so happy for you that you had a good day. You did so well in narrating and describing the visit. I am praying for you girl. Blessings
    QMM

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Glad that your time away to visit your aunt was so enjoyable for you, Caroline. A change of scenery, from time to time, is good for us all. Hope your wekend is comfortable and pleasant!
    Wanda

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hi Caroline,
    Cabin fever, Canadians call it. Don't know if that's an expression that the Brits use or not. It's great that you were able to get away for a bit, and even better that it really made a difference to you. Can you do that sort of thing a bit more often?
    In a much smaller way, I could really relate to your enjoyment of listening to people chat. It's the language thing - even after all this time in French I don't do 'chit chat' very well. Humour doesn't come as easily! I love that part of being back in Canada, that it feels so comfortable. Hope your day is a good one. xoxoDeb

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I was hoping you would report that you had a good time on your trip, and you did, and I am happy. I think trips away from your regular life are always good – see different things, think about other things. Listening to your language also is a plus. When I get back to France I love to listen to people in the shops too. Here in Georgia nobody I know speaks French – sometimes it is years before I hear any French spoken, so I read books in French, but I don’t have too many. With my cousin in France we laugh so much, here it seems that people don’t laugh as much, or not about the same things. Thank you for the report.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I've been feeling so closed in lately, in my own little world. You've inspired me to not stay in and do more 'things' around the house but to get out and go for a bike ride. I'll let you know how it works for me.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Hello from the Pacific Northwest, Washington State, USA.
    I have read all your posts. You write very well. So well, that I feel like I know you.
    Glad you got some relief, visiting "home".

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. That's a lovely description Caroline - sounds so peaceful.

    RépondreSupprimer