jeudi 18 mars 2010

talk about the great Easter Hunt!

Little did I realise that when I mentioned my problem of finding a pair of knickers that would stay up around my scrawny thighs that i set off the great knicker hunt.!

My sister sent me a pretty pair, but way too big-shame I would have enjoyed feeling quite feminine.She was quite shocked that a british size 10 swamped me.
Then some friends set off to the Isle of Wight ,sure that they would get some in some quaint old shop that still existed in the Isle of wight.NO avail ,neither the quaint shops or granny`s big knickers were to be seen anywhere.
They did not return empty handed ,though,as Marks and spencers did have a limited selection of size 8,which ,though not ideal ,(and the sun still shines in places where it should be snug), are the best so far.
Finally,my old university friend has offered to get some designed for me!
As i thought this was her sense of humour,and she did send me a mail in the middle of the night as thatis when she works writing,I thought it was quite funny.
But she is deadly serious -so i will send her my thigh and waist measurements and see what she comes up with. You see, you never know what an off the cuff remark will bring-much more intersting than eggs,what!

2 commentaires:

  1. My god, Caroline - underwear designed just for you! What fabulous friends you have. Maybe this is the start of a wildly successful lingerie sur mesure business, of which you'll become CEO.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Lingerie fait-main! That is better than prêt-à-porter, non? What luxury, dear! That should place a smile on your face. Now, what color did you choose? Sexy Black?

    RépondreSupprimer