vendredi 2 avril 2010

second visit of reseau emile

I am grateful to this group of nurses and doctors who are ready to come and talk over with you your options and put it in layman`s terms,offerng a little clarity,which consultants too often are lacking.
For example,the chemotherapy I had last year,for which the conclusion was it had been a waste of three months,and had made me very ill ,perhaps even worsening my health,they now say ,may ,in fact,have worked,as my C.T. scan on my lungs was much better than expected.This did not make sense to me.How can a scan immediately after treatment,look bad ,then nine months later ,without chemo,look better?
The Reseau doctor Larouture explained that it can work like weedkiller,sometimes straight away,sometimes never,and sometimes much later on.So, I understood! simple.
he also explained that if i were to take the chemo option I had to keep two things in mind,that being i must be physically fit and mentally strong.It is always good to have an objective ahead to look forward to and help in the battle.
i know this is common sense ,but you get so confused,when cnsultants are talking to you about different chemicals and the amounts you have had and when ,and all you can think of is "can i put myself through this yet again?"Feeling sick,vomiting,losing my hair for the fourth time,looking yellow and having no interest in life as you are consumed by the self-imposed illness.AND ,AND,at the end of three months ,if you survive,there is no guarantee that it will have worked at all,for a few weeks of extra life ,or a few months, or more.
What an impossible decision!
I am hiding from it at the moment,and hope I will have the strength to face it soon,as it must be.
I shall enjoy the day with my son preparing the house to be invaded by young people coming to Paris to support jerina and jack for the marathon next week.

5 commentaires:

  1. Enjoy preparing for an invasion?! How brave! Just a pity drugs are not so easy to prepare for as people, but here's wishing you the strength to make the right decision in this case to.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Caroline,
    Got to this post late today after watching a ladies golf tournament all afternoon - up close. There's a first, and a last, time for everything.

    The weedkiller analogy is pretty straightforward. I hope it will make your decision easier to make...? In the meantime fill up your heart with your kids and their friends. That should go a little way towards making you stronger.

    When they've gone home again, I have a blog to recommend to you. Something to just make you laugh.
    Have a happy Easter weekend, and hi to everyone.
    xoxoDeb

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I trust you have the inner knowing of what is right for you Caroline. My heart reaches out to you. Have fun with those kids of yours eh!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Enjoy yourself with your visitors. You need to laugh, it is good for you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hi Caroline.
    I am one of the "young people" coming to visit in a few days and I will make sure the messy boys don't invade upon your house! I am Jacks friend from university (sort of my adopted house mate!). I am very much looking forward to the stay, and can't wait to meet you and the rest of the family. Jack has told me you have been busy cooking and preparing food which I am sure will be delicious. I am a frequent reader of your blog too so keep it up. :-) Victoria x

    RépondreSupprimer