jeudi 8 avril 2010

rock bottom

Getting ready for visitors to come and stay-young people ,you know students where once you might have dreamed that your son`s friends might have said"eh ,your mum `s not half bad"-and instead dreading them being ashamed of the way i look ,and how they don`t know how to react to my poor communication ,and right now wanting to hide away.
maybe ,it is just because i had such a bad health time last night,coughing up blood and not getting the phlegm up and feeling of choking as i couldn`t breathe through my nose or my mouth and it never bloody ending.....none of it is me..

4 commentaires:

  1. Wishing I was there with you. I have worked with many oncology patients going through those things. They want to be with you no matter what is going on. Enjoy their presence and know that they do care. Blessings
    QMM

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. No it isn't you.
    Caroline, I've never been where you are so my advice might be worth nothing. But forget about how you think they will view you. The more uncomfortable you are, the more that will affect them.
    Just soak them up. Enjoy what they bring to you. Be yourself. If somebody seems uncomfortable, use your humour to put them at ease. Even with a whiteboard that's possible.
    I'm sorry as anything for the wretched choking issues and it must be god-awful. You must not have slept well, and fatigue always had a bad effect on one's outlook. I'm not trying to be a Pollyanna and minimize what you're going through, but I do think there's a way to make this visit less stressful for you.
    Love and a big hug....Deb

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hi Caroline- I know when I feel vulnerable that fear is often its constant companion.
    I love that you are expressing your vulnerability and fears. Don't give much energy to the fears though, they are all projected into the future. Try to remember a time when you were scared and things turned out great. Ultimately things will be what they will be and in that you can count on so what if you worrying about it didn't help but hindered. What would you say to me if I was in your situation? You have the wisdom-tell me.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. QMM, Deborah, and Maggie have given you such wise loving thoughts, Caroline. I'm sure you will do fine in the presence of these young visitors, your son must believe this himself, so you should too. I wish you a better day and night.

    RépondreSupprimer