lundi 5 avril 2010

Easter Sunday 2010

One week to go to the Paris Marathon,and John and I decided to drive the route to pick out some points and get some idea of what our children will be seeing.
The weather was changeable,with sudden downpours ,followed by glorious spring sunshine.Paris was looking majestic ,as if it was having a spring-clean ,with flowers springing up,and church bells ringing ,and tourists milling out onto the roads.Signs for the marathon were going up,and lines marking the kilometres painted accross the roads.I am beginning to get nervous ,as if it is me doing this!
For the most part,it seems to take in the glorious parts of Paris,and if the blossom is out and the sun ,it should be a wonderful sight.
My problem is that I don`t want to miss out,but i don`t know where i am going to be able to stand ,or preferably sit,to see any of it.I do wish i had been given a disabled badge.I am not even sure how i am going to be able to get into Paris,as they recommend public transport,but last time i went, it made me feel awfully sick.
Still,we will do it by hook or by crook.
By the way,we only got half-way round by car as it was full of one-way streets-and that was in two hours!!
If you can come and support,do let me know,and it is not too late to pledge a donation if you have not already, as we are so close to our targets,the addresses of which you will find on the right of my blog.
I will spend today planting some bulbs-which is a bitter/sweet activity for me,nowadays.
Bless you all that read my blog ,and may today be renaissance of all things good.

3 commentaires:

  1. I really hope that you can find a vantage point, Caroline. Maybe John will just have to be un-British and ask people to make way for you so that you can sit and see what's happening.
    What's to lose? I once jumped a queue at Heathrow security and it was ridiculously hard to do, but necessary. People would understand but it needs to be brought to their attention.

    I'm so glad you started this blog - it's good to see you here. Enjoy your planting for what it brings you now. Big hug.
    Love, Deb

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Wow 98% of target raised. Fingers crossed for you Caroline to find your ideal vantage spot. Looking forward to hearing about it.
    Enjoy your fingers in Mother Earth, let her feed your soul.
    Hugs, Maggie

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Yes, I always take my parents to the front of queues at the airport when they visit - no one minds at all and the airport people are marvellous about it. If you can't do that kind of thing when you are elderly, ill, disabled, or with very young babies etc., when can you?? Is there not a special stand for disabled people? Do the organisers have any information of that kind?

    RépondreSupprimer