mercredi 21 avril 2010

another little moan

last week ,after enjoying a nice warm shower, I was shocked to find my towels covered in blood-i had not knocked myself and it was a mystery why it had happened.Anyway,that spoilt that treat as i had to put the washing machine on and even wash the bath mat.
Then yesterday ,i was preparing a nice salad for my son and husband ,when i noticed blood dropping on the floor.I had not felt a thing,but i must have scraped my arm against something as my forearm was bleeding.It is hard enough to cook as i have to do a lot of it with one hand as i am having to wipe away the dribble from my mouth with the other (don`t think it would add flavour-have not seen it in any recipes)My skin is so paper -thin,i think i might have to cover myself in cling-film.Those are the latest physical nuisances,and the mental one is that my voice has been erased from the answerphone machine-the voice i used to have and still enjoyed hearing it whenever i listened to my messages.Now that is gone.My husband and son did not understand why it should upset me so much.
Drip,drip-the smile is drooping.

4 commentaires:

  1. Oh dear Caroline....the answering machine voice. That just hit me in the solar plexus. In my limited way, I do understand how much that would have meant. It's so symbolic. :(

    Is the thin skin a result of the chemo, or part of the disease, do you know? That would be very unsettling, to say the least.

    Arms around you. Not much else I can say except I'm sorry. Hope you can sleep well tonight. xo Deb

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Prayers for you dear Caroline every day.
    QMM

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Caroline-your mind is still healthy and can still dish out the humour. Wishing you inner peace. Blessings

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oh my. I would have been just as heartbroken. Blessings, love and light, dear Caroline.

    RépondreSupprimer