vendredi 28 mai 2010

Mum's effort

Mum put so much effort into this blog and raising funds for mouth cancer. The idea that she could help even just one person with her efforts was worth it. Two days before she died, she woke for a short while and asked me to update her blog so everyone knew she had not forgotten about them. Mum always cared about helping others.

She raised over £7,000 through her blog, and thanks to your donations along the way. Thank you so much.

The Mouth Cancer Foundation have posted a thank you to her efforts on their website. They will also be remembering mum at their Mouth Cancer 10k Walk on 18th September 2010 in Kensington Gardens, London. Dad, Jack and I will be there - if any of you would like to join us, please do. Details below.

http://www.rdoc.org.uk/exp26.html

All the best, and thank you all for caring about my mum.

Jerina x

4 commentaires:

  1. Yes Jerina, your mom is not forgotten. Blessings to you and your family.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I think about her every day, Jerina, and you three as well. it's very strange not to see her here - a very small part of what must be an enormous void for you and Jack and your dad.

    Isn't the walk the day before/after Jack's birthday And I know it's only a few days after your Mum's. I would love to join you but can't confirm that yet.

    Today when I was out doing errands I was thinking about Caroline and about how much she wanted to stay with you. It would have been as hard for her to accept, as it is for you.
    Love and hugs,
    Deb

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Jerina...your mom affected my life in a slightly unusual way. From the moment of reading of Caroline's passing a sadness came over me and stayed, her passing made me recognize a change in myself, of feelings and a tiredness I could no longer deny. After blood tests, it turns out I have a hypothyroid condition. I will forever remember Caroline!
    ...Wanda

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Dear Jerina...how proud your mom would be of her family! You continue the work she's started and even after she's gone her efforts encourage others and impact their lives. I am glad to see that despite of the great loss you cherish the family relationship and honour your mom. In some way she will always be with you...
    Hugs go all of you
    Sabine

    RépondreSupprimer