mardi 18 mai 2010

A few words from Mum's diary

Mum wrote a few things in her diary that I would like to share with you. The connections that she made through this blog meant so much to her, and I think it gave her strength to know you were out there reading her words. Love Jerina

" One very good thing about the blog is that I am now in contact with people I haven't heard from for years. Whether conscious or not, it is a better way to say goodbye to people than when you are already in the coffin."

"Smile, laugh, enjoy life - carry me with you in your heart + I can go along the journey with you."

We will be saying goodbye to mum this Friday at 2pm at the Holy Trinity Church in Maisons Laffitte. All are welcome.

8 commentaires:

  1. Beautiful thoughts from a beautiful woman. Thanks for sharing them. I have thought of her often, especially over the last day or so since her passing. She left a far-reaching and lasting impression on so many. What a bright and shining spirit. Hugs to you and your family.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I'm so glad she felt that way - it seemed like blogging was made for her. It certainly gave her back her voice.
    It meant a lot to me to be in touch with her again. She was an important part of an important time in my time when we lived in Villennes. Remember when we all went skiing together? Maybe you were too little then, but I will never, ever forget standing at the bottom of the hill with her watching John make his way down and breaking up over the jokes she made. We had a lot of fun together, and her humour was the best thing!

    A warm hug to you, Jerina. Gregg says hi and that he's very sorry for your pain.

    Love,
    Deb

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Will be with you in prayer on Friday. Blessings to you and all of her friends and family. Several weeks ago I left her a message for an online ministry I have called WOW- Woman of Wisdom. She never did come by to claim it, but she is on my list and will be remembered in prayer by myself and all who visit there. Go to my profile and find Woman of Wisdom-peggy-blogspot.com. listed there. Just scroll down til you come to her name.
    QMM

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Jerina...Deborah introduced me to your mom's blog. Although I didn't know Caroline long, I have been inspired by her strength and affected by her passing. It truly left me deeply saddened, something I would not have so much expected, not knowing her at all that well. But, I honestly have thought of Caroline often through the day...everyday since.

    Hope you find comfort in the loving memories of your Mom.
    ...Wanda

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Bless you Jerina and your family.
    Prayers are being said for all of you

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Much love to your family. I'm missing your mom.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Thanks for sharing this with us, Jerina. It means so much to me. I have so many dear memories of the time I spent with your mom and the whole family.I'll keep them treasured and I feel rich and blessed.
    Your mom will certainly be missed, but at the same time she's left a heritage by touching many lives and bringing joy and laughter.
    Unfortunately I am not able to be with you on Friday, but my thoughts are with you.
    Wishing you comfort and strength for the time to come.
    Love,
    Sabine

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Jerry, reading this is making me teary, i can really feel all the emotion and i am so so sorry. I can only imagine it is better for her this way - out of the pain and in a better place. She certainly was a fighter and you have and will do her proud.

    RépondreSupprimer