dimanche 28 février 2010

day of rest

I am afraid I don`t feel too well today.

6 commentaires:

  1. Caroline, there's never any pressure to post anything. In your own time, when you feel like it.

    Thinking about you, hoping that you feel a bit better as the day goes on.

    xoxoDeb

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi Caroline

    I just picked up your mail about the Marathon and followed the link to your blog. I'm so glad you included me on your mailing list - I met you at Denyse's (2 years ago?) and have often wondered how you've been doing.

    You are so right when you talk about how awful it is when people shy away from those with illnesses/disabilities etc. - people hate to be taken out of their comfort zones but don't realise how just even a few words can feel so supportive. To be ignored, as if that way you'll just go away, is a terrible thing.

    As you say, we all need to appreciate what we have, at any level - things can change for any one of us at any moment in time. My brother-in-law (www.kevin-holmes.blogspot.com/) has been seriously brain injured for the past 3 years and he and my sister have dealt with very similar situations to you - complacency on the part of medics, difficulty getting simple aids such as parking disks, being ignored and shunned by others, the embarrassment of not being able to function as was previously possible... the list is endless. I want you to know that I for one will follow your blog - we are here and listening to you, and I hope that gives you some support in some small way.

    Kerry

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Let's hope a day of rest give you time to recoup you energies. You are still in my healing vibes! x

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Caroline, I think of you and smile as I eat my toast with almond butter and honey. I wish I could give you a bite. You said in a comment that you like to cook-what do you like to cook?
    When I have been on long cleanses where I don't eat it has been surprising how much I enjoyed cooking. I wonder so many things about you that are not cancer related at all. What do you like to read? What do you love about your hubby, your kids?
    Hoping you feel better real soon.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. A day of rest is good. Do you listen to music? I find that when I am under the weather if I sit quietly and listen to some Chopin CD playing softly it makes me feel better. I told you on Friday how happy I was about finding my photo albums. Well today I have another wonderful thing to report. In 1986 I met a young Tunisian here at work who stayed in our department as a trainee for 6 months. The last I heard from him was that, because of his political views, he had been placed in jail shortly after his return to Tunis. Then nothing. This morning there was a phone call from far away. It was him who had somehow found my phone number in an old training book. He married, had a daughter who is at university. I had not talked to him since 1987 and did not know if he was alive. Now I am thinking that we should go back to Tunisia for a trip sometime. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

    RépondreSupprimer