samedi 20 février 2010

mama told me....

just a quick note to say i am sorry about yesterday`s blog.I had a few comments ,which are always welcome,but it was felt i was rather "preachy ",and as i remember my mother always saying to me as a child,that I was too bossy for my own good,I want to apologise to my readers and hope I have not alienated you.
As my daughter is over from London ,I asked her to take me to the hairdresser`s to see what could be done to my wispy hair.She could explain on my behalf if there was anything that could give the illusion that my hair was thicker than it is .Despite the hairdresser being friendly and sympathetic and my daughter very protective, I found it a harrowing experience.I can`t lean over the sink to have my hair washed as the saliva runs down my throat and it is like a tap is turned on and you can`t swallow qick enough -so had to keep stopping every few minutes.I felt people were staring at me too,although they probably weren`t.Anyway,100 € lighter and feeling foolish for expecting a miracle.
I do have a wig,and it is a good quality-it cost about 800 pounds,even though that is not real hair,but it is not the same and it moves or the band gets tight around your head which tends to be sensitive.
Never mind,it is the weekend and i hope you enjoy and sing along to the music.

10 commentaires:

  1. Caroline,
    I hope you've already got my first message.
    Reading this, my first reaction is that you don't ever have to apologize for anything.

    The most important thing is for you to be able to say whatever you want. It's hard to know what to say in return other than you are being heard.

    I always envied you your hair - the colour, the curls, its thickness. That's how I still see you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. PS I have written something about you on my blog so you might get some visitors. I hope I haven't taken liberties....
    www.temptationofwords.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Can`t imagine the frustration and stress of it all. You are very brave. I think some of us (many of us) do take a so-called normal life for-granted and do need to be `preached` to occasionally - to wake us up. Thank you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Caroline - I found you via Deborah's blog...good to meet you, and know that I am holding you in my thoughts...thank you for reminding me to not take life as I know it for granted....OX

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Caroline, another one of Deborah's "Gang" checking in to get to know you. Yorkshire Girl with a French twist, very intriguing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Hello Caroline-I am yet another friend of Deb's who's come to check you out. Seems like we have some things in common. My children were born in 83 & 88 also. I am married to a Brit. What struck me about you posts is your desire for people to appreciate what they have before they loose it. We take so much for granted don't we. I used to whine about my knees-too big, not feminine-just ugly. Then I got arthritis in one knee which swoll up to twice it's size and I could barely walk on it. I remember looking at it and at my other unaffected knee and being struck by how beautiful it is. Now I look at my knees with appreciation and gratitude. Thankyou for doing this blog. I had no idea about mouth cancer. Look forward to following you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Hello Caroline, I'm a blogging friend of Deborah's. She had so many nice things to say about you, so here I am, anxious to get to know you myself. My husband had surgery for colon cancer 3 years ago and my brother-in-law is presently being treated for mouth cancer.

    I agree with Deborah...say what you want, it's your blog, I'm more of a listener than a talker, so I'm a new follower wanting to hear whatever you have to say! My blog is about the small moments that make up my life...in photos and a few words, that's me, you're welcome to visit anytime!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Hi Caroline, I'm visiting via Deborah's blog and I would just like to say that you can blog whatever you want to blog. it's your space! I am sorry for all that you are going through. I hope to stop by again. Take care.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. am touched by your support when some of you don`t know me from Adam -shows you are sensitive people.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Strangers are just friends you haven't yet got to know.

    RépondreSupprimer