mercredi 24 février 2010

french

A friend who works in a french hospital has told me that her colleagues have been trying to decipher my blog in english.Is there anyone out there who knows of an easy way to translate my blogs.After all,it should be interesting for them too,and as my children are running the marathon for french and british charities,it only seems appropriate to provide my feelings in the two languages.Any ideas welcome.

8 commentaires:

  1. For those who have Google toolbars, mine has a "Translate" button on the right side. I'm sure if you go to Googles webpage, it can be added. Actually, if you install that button, it automatically translates into English, or whatever language you choose.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Susan is right...I don't have the button, but have seen it at other blogs.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Caroline, go to your dashboard, then click 'layout' .
    Click any 'add a gadget' space.
    In the search form on the new window, type 'Google translate'

    This should take you to the gadget that Google has created which you can then add to your page (instructions are there)

    This will appear on the sidebar of your blog once you've saved your changes. If you need any help email me!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I think you've got the information from above. Good luck!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. The easy way for me to get a translator gadget was to click on my friend's blog where she has one. It said “get widget” and I clicked on that and then went into my blog and where it said add a gadget I copied the link. Here is her blog, look on the top left side and you will see it under all the flags: http://cajundelights.blogspot.com/. Actually I just realized I have it too, so you could come and copy it from mine as well, mine is on the top right of my blog: http://avagabonde.blogspot.com/. It should not be too hard to copy.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. thanks for your useful comments -you are so connected and i will try and follow your instructions but head is rather woozy at these things,and tend to react lke a teenager and put cover over my head.!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Hm.. I've heard from some bloggers that the translation widget is less than pefect, and what you are saying may well come out as though your computer has a bag over its head! LOL. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, so good luck! Maybe what you really want, is a personal translator person- that could be fun?!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Hello :)
    I came by from Peggy's blog (WOW) and have read through some of your posts. I just read this one and wondered if you did something different to your blog because I am reading it in English. The comments box is in French but the posts are in English. Just thought I would let you know (I am in America - Maine). I also wanted to let you know that you are pretty brave to share your life story here. I applaud your courage. Even if your posts are gloomy - it still helps those of us who suffer from a disease. I liked your most recent post about those that have fortunate luck and those of us that seem to get hit with "bad" luck. I have been wondering about that lately too - you know - living your life doing all the right things, being a good person and trying your best to make your children's lives happy and safe. But yet, still the trouble comes. Maybe those that seem so fortunate are good at hiding their troubles?? I've come to the conclusion as I get older (I'm 47) that love is what it is all about. My husband loves me and my children do and I love them back unconditionally. They even love me when I cannot function and seem to not want them to be with me. Even then, they love me! It sounds like you have love in your life too - I guess that is what we can take with us when we leave this earth. That warm, comfy feeling of a hug or the smile of a child. That is what makes us lucky I suppose.

    I've gone on enough - I'm glad I found your blog :)
    Laurie

    RépondreSupprimer