vendredi 12 février 2010

valentine

what type of roses,what length,what chocolates,lingerie, etc-what a load of commercial rubbish-but if that is what it takes to remind you of the importance of re-iterating to someone you care and love them and send them words of affection ,it is a positive thing. I think all of you out there giving me support in any way are marvellous!
Apparently the Reseau Emile ,i mentioned in my last blog are an association which sounds like the near equivalent to Macmillan nurses in U.K.,and rely entirely on donations ,so i shall be focussing on trying to help them financially in the future,so if you are thinking of helping out ,can you hold on until I have more info on how they organise matters? I think it is quite a new idea in France.
I am so lucky-I am lying in bed overlooking a wintry scene of snow on hard-ploughed farmer`s fields,watching people take their dogs for a walk in the sunshine.
I didn`t have such a good night,indigestion and coughing phlegm,but the sun is spurring me on to get up and have a little walk.
I am missing my mum,but she has a little dimentia and i can`t talk on the phone and she doesn`t use a computer and she sometimes loses the post so i don`t k now if she gets my letters-so i hope the roses i have just been cynical about will reach her.

3 commentaires:

  1. The sunshine is lovely today. I hope that you enjoyed your walk.
    Sharon W.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Caroline,
    Your last paragraph is so sad. You are essentially cut off from your mom, well, except via a third party like John or the kids. Is she still living alone?

    My mom died a few months ago - she had very advanced Alzheimer's and it was a relief to know that she was free. I felt like I'd lost her long before she died.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I am sorry about your mum,deborah,but i am so glad we are back in touch.

    RépondreSupprimer