samedi 27 février 2010

communication is all

you do not know how a few lines of communication can lift one`s spirit.It has helped my moods and motivation a lot lately ,so I wanted to say thankyou to you all.
My sister sent me a surprise package of photos,and my brother a card,along with a few chatty words,which is unusual for him and it made my day. I hope it is not a one-off.
Have a good weekend.

4 commentaires:

  1. Caroline,
    I'm sitting here, in tears. I've just read the comments on your post of yesterday and it seems to me that it's like we're all together in a cozy room, talking, smiling, reaching out to touch each other, and we're all there just because of you. I knew there would be a response to you, but I am overcome by the warmth and depth of it. xoxoxo

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It's morning here for me Caroline and it snowed a few inches last night.

    I've been reading of the earthquake in Chile and the resulting large wave traveling toward Hawaai. A blogging friend is there for her son's wedding. Nature does affect us all, in many different ways, both desirable and undesirable.

    I'm patiently waiting for spring and the color it will add to my world. For now though, it's mostly white out there!
    Enjoy your day, Caroline and come visit me, when you can... I would enjoy your company!
    Smiles...Wanda

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I've been a bit poorly so I only saw Deborah's blog today.

    I've just read the previous post and it does so remind me of how I used to want to smash people's well-meaning grins down their throats when they said, "you need to stay positive". Even doctors used to say that.

    My consultant, a woman, very brisk and matter-of-fact (she did save my life, I grant her that), used to say, " the patients that are busy with something, anything, that they are passionate about, they are the ones who stand a better chance".

    Yes, of course, I was passionate about something. BLOODY
    SURVIVING!

    I have a close friend who has only just been diagnosed with inoperable cancer; she too trots out this phrase, so it is still going on.

    You could get passionate about being angry at the fools who think like that, for a start.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Friko and Caroline, could you please help me to understand better why this kind of response ('be positive' 'the ones who are passionate about something..' etc etc) is the wrong thing to say. On one hand, I am trying to imagine being in either of your shoes, and being told this and I can see that it would come across as 'If you're not positive/passionate...you're going to die.' On the other hand, isn't it well-established that a positive attitude and an capacity to focus on something other than the disease, influences the outcome of illness? Is it the fact of being told this, or the way of it that made you both angry? Is it that something so apparently simplistic was presented as part of the 'solution' at a time when you felt your world was caving in?

    RépondreSupprimer