mardi 23 février 2010

nothing is simple

not much to report today,except felt sorry for my husband yesterday who spent a long time tramping the streets of Poissy trying to find the department that deals with handicapped,so that he can get the ball rolling for a parking badge . Only to discover that it was shut!
The doctor tried to help and wrote aletter ,which i could show to the police should i get a fine,by parking without a badge. But I heard that some disabled people scratch your car on purpose,if there is no badge on show! whAT A WORLD.!
I AM GETTING MORE AND MORe BRUISES ,PARTICULARLY ON MY LEGS AND HAVE NOTICED ARTHRITIS SETtING IN IN MY HANDS,but I am feeling O.K. and hope you are too.

10 commentaires:

  1. Monday closures are for bakeries and hairdressers, not government departments!! How frustrating for John, who I'm sure had a few choice words to say about that.

    Have you found any blogs that you like? I'm hoping that you'll find some enjoyment and distraction in the blogosphere. How's your energy for that?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I think it is almost as difficult to get a handicapped tag here in the U.S. My sister, disabled in her late fifties, whose disabilities weren't readily visible, had a very hard time procuring one. She also had terrible bruising and arthritis in her hands and back.

    I hope your badge comes through very soon! It does make going out a little easier.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Your situation is a good example of why doctors maybe should be able to dispence parking badges, for anyone who might be disabled, even if it's only temporary. I broke my ankle, and the full leg cast I had to wear put me in a wheelchair for awhile. A parking badge could have made things easier for us at the time.
    Smiles to you Caroline!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hello Caroline – I just watched a clip from Dr. David Servan-Schreiber about the relation of food and cancer and thought that you might like to watch it. I hope you do understand French? Because it is in French. Dr. David had malignant brain tumors twice and was successfully treated. He wrote a book – I know the title in French but don’t know if it has been translated (I guess it must have been since he practices in the US) it’s called: Anticancer : Prévenir et lutter grâce à nos défenses naturelles (Poche). He says that you must drink a lot of green tea as it kills tumor cells in the clip in La Santé dans l’assiette: http://www.doctissimo.fr/html/sante/reportages-tv/cancer/13341-itw-david-servan-schreiber-alimentation.htm. I hope you can watch it on your computer. Amitiés Vagabonde

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Caroline I forgot to tell you that Dr. David has a blog in Guérir and you can ask him questions: http://www.guerir.org/Members/david_servan_schreiber/anticancer-1

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. my hubby, who is old and lame and French, resisted any notion of a disabled placard until he got one. (Here it is applied for at the Department of Motor Vehicles). It does really improve his life. He has made himself a large blue badge to wear with the same motif so that he gets taken to the front of a waiting line (especially when traveling)and can use the fast check-out at the supermarket without explaining to other annoyed shoppers when they see his full grocery cart. Don't give up until you get one and wield it like your own excalibur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Hi Caroline - You have had more to bear than any individual ever deserves. All I could think as I read your blog was - LIFE IS A BEAUTIFUL BITCH! Thank you for all the helpful medical information - I will keep it in mind - I am getting older and something will visit me one of these days or years.
    Take care of yourself.
    Betty in Canada

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. hanks to you all for your kind and useful advice which i shall look into

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. When I read that you were a Yorkshire lass, I knew I had to pop by. Never been 'up there' but I've met a few people from your area and I'm always taken aback by their sheer openness. Love northernerss. And the accent? As a linguist who is a sucker for regional variations, I'm heaven living in GB. Sorry to hear about the bruises. I wish you better.

    Greetings from London.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Caroline,
    I hope you get your badge SOON. Beaurocracy, eh? On top of everything else.
    Care to sit down for a virtual cuppa? I'm having decaf Tetley (unfortunately). But it's still a warm cuppa!
    Kathryn (Deborah's cousin-in-law from BC)

    RépondreSupprimer